Mississauga Area Rugs and Runners
Wanting to switch up the look and feel of a room but with the least amount of work and money involved? Area rugs and runners are a perfect way to do that. Adding an area rug or runner to the living room, bedroom, or family room is a quick, easy, and affordable way to change up the feel of the room.
Area rugs are like adding a piece of art on the floor. They are so versatile, and as seasons and decor change you can switch them out easily compared to their counterpart, wall-to-wall flooring. Although the choices for area rugs and runners are vast there are however a few tips to make sure you’re choosing the perfect area rug for your space.
Size Really Does Matter
When choosing an area rug it’s important to keep the following in mind:
- The biggest mistake people make is choosing a rug that is too small for the space. You need to make sure that it fits underneath all the key pieces of your furniture. If this isn’t completely possible make sure that at least the rug sits nicely under the front legs of all the furniture.
- If you have a particularly large room you could divide up the groupings of furniture and use multiple area rugs.
- For the averaged sized room you want to make sure that your rug is in the center of the room to bring it all together.
- Whatever the size of the room, if it’s a high traffic area, make sure that there is enough rug for people to walk on. You don’t want one foot on one foot off.
Colors and Patterns
- Area rugs can be like a piece of art. They can add so much to a room. Make sure you choose a rug with some color and/or pattern.
- Bold patterns are fun so if this is something you want just make sure that your furniture isn’t completely covering it up.
- If you want to be adventurous but are not sure how our knowledgeable expert team members would be more than happy to lend a hand.
- If you have a medium-to-high pile rug the general rule of thumb is to have it properly cleaned once a year in order to remove all dust, hair, and allergens. Just vacuuming doesn’t get it all out.
- Low-pile and flatweave rugs can be taken outside on the regular and shaken out.
- Before buying check the cleaning tag to make sure that you’re able to maintain the rug so it keeps looking new and fresh for a long time.
- Some rugs can have a lifespan of many years so you may want to make sure to keep the cleaning tag instructions so you don’t forget.
Decor Floors has everything you need for all your other flooring needs. Give us a call today to discuss your wants, needs, and options, and get your free quote! We’d love to chat with you. Or if you want, come and visit us at our showcase store in Mississauga where you can get a hands-on up close and personal view and feel of all the flooring options.
Choose Decor Floors – Luxury Vinyl Tile and Plank Flooring
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Sample Check-Out Service
- In-home Consultations
- Guaranteed Installation
- Finance Options
- Complete Warranty Service
- Free Estimates
You have the option to shop from home or at our conveniently located showroom in Mississauga. For commercial clients: Transform your business with a new floor from Decor Floors, we are open for contractors as well. Please contact us if you are a hardwood flooring contractor and would like to open an account with us.