Why Select Stairs & Railing from Decor Floors?
At Decor Floors, we specialize in the design and manufacturing of traditional and modern wood railings and stairs including straight, circular, curved, flared, freestanding or temporary.
We’ll build to an existing design specification or help you create a custom design to suit your space.
Our commitment to delivering prestige pride quality means we only use premium grade wood and build our custom treads, handrails, ascending volutes and fittings to ensure quality and consistency.
Stairs & Railings | Decor Floors
Decor Floors offers a wide selection of standard wood stairs in oak, maple and paint grade finishes or choose from one of the custom woods, including cherry, walnut, mahogany, beech, and cedar to name a few. Décor Floors will source specialty woods upon request.
Our experienced field representatives will personally measure to the exact specifications according to building code.
Our installers pay special attention to fine details and are committed to excellence. When it comes to skilled craftsmanship, one-on-one customer service and our commitment to customer satisfaction, Decor Floors has always proven to be the first choice.
Follow these easy maintenance tips and spend years enjoying your custom stairs and railings with their original finish:
- Dry dust or vacuum regularly to remove loose soil and fine dust particles that can scratch the finish of wooden stairs.
- Wipe up spills quickly with a cloth or a sponge. Wipe your steps, railings and spindles with a recommended hardwood floor cleaner.
- Never use wet mops, highly acidic or alkaline cleaners, non-recommended commercial cleaners or polishes, or a treated mop that has been used to clean other floors or furniture.
- Frequently trim pets’ nails to avoid scratches.
- Do not drag heavy objects like furniture on your steps; lift and move them, in order to avoid scratches.
- Use drapes, UV-protective windows and other methods to protect your wooden stairs from excessive sunlight, to minimize fading.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What information do I need in order to ask for a budget?
A: The first thing is to know the number of steps and the shape of steps, e.g.. rectangular, pie shaped, winder, etc.
Then you need to verify if the stairs are open or closed on either side.
The type of wood you want on stairs, such as oak, maple, cherry, etc.
The colour: do you want to keep the same colour as the railing or something else.
Also, the length of the railing if it has to be changed or colour coordinated with the new steps.
Q: Can I change the position or shape of our existing staircase?
A: The position or shape of the existing staircase can be changed, although it will involve more cost, as the frame of the stairs will have to be changes as well.
Q: We already have oak stairs, can we change the colour to match our new floors?
A: Yes, oak stairs can be sanded and refinished to match the colour of new floors.