Best Flooring in Brampton | Mississauga
You’ve finally made the leap and decided to get a new floor installed. You called the experts at Decor Floors Brampton, chose the perfect flooring, and have an installation date, but now you’re left wondering what do I need to do before the new floor is installed. While you’re waiting for the pros from Decor Floors to arrive to install that new floor there are a few things you can do beforehand to prepare. Here’s a little checklist to help you out.
Checklist Before Installing Your New Floor
- Remove all breakable items – Before the Decor Floors Mississauga team arrives you want to make sure that all breakable items are removed from the room where the new floor is being installed. These breakable items can include light fixtures, glass or ceramic bowls, artwork, mirrors, pictures, and anything that could fall and break. You may also want to remove any window treatments with long panels.
- Disconnect all of your gas and electronic appliances – Outside of removing all breakables, furniture, and appliances, you want to make sure that all gas connections and electrical outlets have been disconnected. You can do this yourself, but if you have any doubts don’t be afraid to call in the professionals.
- The height of the new floor – Make sure you confirm the height of the new floor prior to installation. If the height of the floor changes this means you now have to deal with adjusting your doors as well.
- Closets and Storage Spaces – Closets and storage spaces frequently get overlooked when it comes to installing a new floor. If you’re installing new flooring in your entryway or bedroom, you want to make sure that those closets and storage spaces have been cleared out. If you’re redoing your kitchen or mudroom, ensure that the pantry is emptied out as well as any other surrounding areas.
- Provide Dust Control – When installing a new floor, dust can be a huge problem. This is particularly true when it comes to unfinished hardwood flooring. Yes, the professionals at Decor Floors do provide their own methods of dust control, but we do advise you to do some work on your part as well. This can look like sealing off any areas, like doorways and heating ducts, with plastic sheets.
- Doors, Baseboards, and Door Trim – Make sure that all doors, baseboards, and door trim are removed from the room where the installation is taking place.
- Thorough Cleaning – Doing a thorough cleaning of your floors will help keep allergens, dust, mold, and mildew at bay.
Types of Floors Decor Floors Install
- Harwood (solid/engineered)
If you live in Mississauga or Brampton and are thinking about upgrading your floors look no further than Decor Floors. With a plethora of options to choose from, Decor Floors is your flooring store. We offer a variety of different flooring options at affordable prices. We carry all the name brands and because of our decades of experience, we have become leaders in the flooring industry.
Whether you want to redo the floors in your living room, bathroom, kitchen, or boardroom, Decor Floors has got you covered. We have a long list of very satisfied customers. We have installed floors in houses, retail spaces, office spaces, hospitals, schools, and others. Our experience and reputation are well-known and trusted and we would love to help you. Give us a call today for your free no-obligation quote or come visit our Mississauga showroom to touch and feel the endless variety of choices that we have available to you. If you’re unable to come to our showroom, our exceptional sales team can meet with you in the comfort of your home or office. Give us a call today! We’d love to hear from you!